VLC Media Player is a free and open source media player that plays most multimedia files, as well as media, devices and network streaming protocols.
This is the VLC Media Player port on the Android platform. VLC for Android can play all video and audio files and network transmissions, shares and network drives and ISO DVDs as the desktop version of VLC.
This application is a complete audio player application with a complete database, equalizer and filters that reproduce all the strange audio formats.
VLC for everyone, completely free, has no ads, in-app purchases, espionage, and was developed by passionate volunteers. All source code is free.
VLC for Android mainly plays local audio and video files and network transmissions (including adaptive streaming) and ISO DVD. For example, the desktop version of VLC. Disk sharing is also supported.
All supported formats include MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, Wv and AAC. All codecs are included without separate downloads. Supports subtitles, teletext and subtitles.
VLC for Android has a multimedia library for audio and video files and allows you to browse folders directly.
VLC supports multitrack audio and subtitles. Supports automatic rotation, aspect ratio and movement adjustment to control volume, brightness and search.
It also includes an audio control widget, audio headphone control, cover and a complete audio media library.
VLC for Android needs to access this category:
- “Photos / Media / Files” to read all multimedia files
- “Memory” to read all multimedia files on the SD card
- “Other” to verify network connections, change the volume, set the ringtone, start on Android TV and display the pop-up screen (see below).
- To read multimedia files, you must read the contents of the USB memory.
- The contents of the USB memory must be “changed or deleted” to delete files and save subtitles.
- “Full network access” is required to open the network and Internet transmissions.
- You must prevent the phone from hibernating to prevent it from hibernating when watching videos.
- To change the volume, you must change the audio settings.
- You must change the system settings to change the audio ringtone.
- “show a network connection” to control whether the device is connected or not.
- You must draw in another application to start a special image-in-image widget.
- You need “vibration control” to provide feedback on the controls.
- Run at startup is necessary to set recommendations on the Android TV home screen, which will only be used on Android TV devices.
- Voice search on an Android TV device requires “microphone.” This is only required on Android TV devices.
Read other applications